2. Give new habits time - weight loss and change doesn't happen overnight. It often takes 6 months for revamped eating and exercise habits to feel natural or almost automatic. Make it a point to make one small change daily, like eating 2 more serves of veggies, eating less treats or going for that run today. A change a day should be your aim.
3. View sweet treats wisely. If you want to shed pounds, you can't have big calorie sweets - cakes, cookies or candy - whenever you like. Find a low calorie substitute that you can have every day or better still, impose a once a week limit on the rich desserts.
4. Whole grains - like bulgur, amaranth, buckwheat and barley - are delicious and healthy. New nutrition studies revealed that they cut heart disease risk by 21 percent and diabetes risk by 30 percent, and that antioxidants in grains reduce inflammation in the body, protecting against diseases like asthma and arthritis. What's more, they're rich in fiber and B vitamins. And on top of all that, whole grains are digested slowly, so they keep you fuller longer, helping you keep your weight in check.
5. What you need in your everyday meal - fiber, protein, carbs and good fat. The rule of thumb - the more natural the food, the more wholesome it is for you. Foods like fruits, veggies, fish, poultry and wholemeal foods are all great.
6. Don't Super-Size the food. It may sound like a great deal to get fries for an extra dollar, or the jumbo smoothie for a quarter more - but switching from a large order of fries to a medium, for example, can save you 100 calories! And when at home serving dinner, put away those jumbo dinner plates, instead go for salad sized plates, and no more.
7. Plan to have 6 health meals a day - but eat in controlled portions, say 1 plate serve only. Load your plate up with plenty of veggies and lea meat! And get your dose of fruits in between!
8. Get moving - any exercise is a good start. Once you start to build up your fitness, you'll be amazed at how quickly you feel the benefits of a healthier body. You'll have a lot more spring in your step, and the compliments you'll get will have you wanting to step out even more.
9. The Best Workout to lose lots of weight - Turbulence Training! Why? It's short (around 45 minutes), very effective, can be done at home and designed with research proven workouts to help you lose body fat and build muscle at the same time. Best of all, the total body workout are suited for both men and women - and doesn't require any fancy equipment.
10. Post your mission online - create a blog featuring your picture and announce your intentions to get in shape. Post a link in a fitness forum, and challenge yourself for the whole world to see. That way, you are made accountable for your own actions. And promise yourself to upload a new picture each week - create additional pressure to finish the job!